When it is impractical for your surveying or mapping project to be undertaken by ground-based methods due to project size, location, terrain complexity, safety hazards or stringent timing requirements, an aerial approach may be the solution to your problem.
Using Aerial Surveying, NorthGroup Consulting have the resources, experience and expertise to provide rapid surveys over large land areas with accuracies as fine as 5cm resulting in fast, accurate data delivery to you. The benefits of aerial surveying, in some instances, are its cost benefit over traditional on ground survey with the information collected allowing for the production of highly accurate data and 3D models, covering large areas in a much shorter time span. Areas such as quarries, mines, stockpiles, large infrastructure projects, and sites that have difficult access or terrain complexity lend themselves favorably to this technology.
What we use Aerial Mapping for:
- 3D feature mapping of terrain for earthwork volumes, engineering design and route selection
- Mapping of mine surfaces for volumes and production decisions
- Stockpile mapping for volumes
- Topographic mapping
- Detail mapping of urban areas
- Infrastructure corridors
- Aerial photography
- Photogrammetry for surveying and mapping to ascertain measurements between objects
- Airborne laser scanning for rapid, highly accurate and efficient capturing of 3D data of large areas such as, agricultural or forestry sites, urban areas, industrial plants etc
- Remote sensing using images from satellites or high flying aircraft to obtain or extract information